Friday, October 31, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

http://Souptacular08


Boomama is hosting a "Souptacular Crockpotalooza", and even though I'm a day late, this recipe is worth sharing. It is one of my favorite recipes to make in the crock pot because it is super easy, super yummy, and super healthy! And it's perfect to make in this fabulous fall weather! Hope you try it and love it like we do!

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 envelope chili seasoning mix
28 oz. canned tomatoes (I use diced)
15 oz. canned corn
15 oz. kidney beans
1/2 onion, chopped
salt, pepper, and sugar to taste

Basically, you just add all of the ingredients to your crock pot and cook on Low for 6-8 hours. You'll want to stir it every now and then; I find my crock pot gets really hot, even on Low. We usually serve this with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, and with cornbread as a side. Yum... enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennifer Renee said...

ooh...yummy I must check this out

i LOVE soup

my friend is doing the raw diet for a year...I told her I never could because I can't live without bread and soup! :)

I must check out this contest for more recipes