- getting back into a routine after a very lazy summer
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Fall is here! My favorite time of the year... as much fun as summer is, I start to long for cooler days near the end of August. The rebel in me decorates for fall at the beginning of September, even if the temperatures are still summer-like. I love putting away the shorts and capris and bringing out the jeans and hoodies. This is quite a change for me; as a kid I loathed fall with every part of me, because it meant the beginning of school. Remember that knot in your stomach the night before the first day of school? I remember it so well. Now that I'm a Mama and we are a homeschooling family, we don't really experience that, but I empathize with the neighborhood kids every year on Labor Day.
So, in honor of my favorite season, a list of my favorite things about fall...
- pumpkin pie scented candles, especially Yankee
- the "Welcome" wreath on my door (I won it last year at a Ladies Night Out for our Sunday School class... isn't it pretty?)
- catching up with friends at homeschool soccer games
- pumpkin anything : currently loving Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer made by International Delight... have an awesome recipe from Southern Living for "Pumpkin Crisp"... and an old favorite "Low fat pumpkin spice cake" - 3 ingredients, so what's not to love?
- annual girlfriends' getaway shopping trip with Lisa and Syndi
- of course, the leaves when they change... not even close yet, but it is beautiful in VA!
- hayrides and pumpkin patches with the kids
- bonfires and the smell of burning leaves
I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but that's a pretty good start.
Happy Fall, y'all!