Friday, November 7, 2008

Pumpkin Dip

If you know me, you know that especially this time of year I love all things pumpkin. I got this recipe from my sweet friend Corliss, way back when I was a newlywed, and when we would sit at work and talk recipes. Corliss had been married almost 20 years when I met her, so she had lots of experience in the kitchen cooking for her hubby. I love, love, love Corliss and her friendship, and I love everytime I'm looking through my recipes and find some with her handwriting. This recipe reminds me of her.

This pumpkin dip is a great thing to make and have in the kitchen to snack on while everyone's preparing the big Thanksgiving day meal. Or, a great thing to bring to a get-together this time of year. Hope you try it... let me know if you do so I can pass on the rave reviews to Corliss!

Pumpkin Dip

1 small can packed pumpkin
1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
1/2 - 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar (Corliss's recipes aren't always exact!)
Cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
Gingersnaps for dipping

Mix together the cream cheese and sugar, add pumpkin and spices to taste. Serve with gingersnaps cookies.

There you have it... simple but yummy! If you'd like to see more holiday recipes, click here!

1 comment:

Overwhelmed! said...

I was wondering what you'd serve with this dip and then I got to the end of the recipe and saw that you serve with gingersnap cookies. Yum!

Thanks for participating in my 3rd annual Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange! I do appreciate it.

Feel free to join me Fridays for my “Favorite Ingredients Friday” recipe exchange