Friday, December 21, 2007

Thanks, Santa

Dear Santa,

Thank you for saying just the right things yesterday when my boys and I visited you at the mall. Even though Miles talked non-stop in the line, boldly announcing to all within earshot that he was asking you for a Nintendo DS for Christmas, he froze once he finally got to sit on your lap and blurted out that he wanted a "toy robot". Huh? Never heard anything about a robot until that moment. Oops.

And Reed, who clearly does not believe in you, was trying to be very cool and stay with me while Miles made up things to ask you for. But you didn't take "no" for an answer and Reed ended up on your lap, confidently asking for his own DS.

I'm writing to thank you for your answer to them. You said it was awfully close to Christmas, and if you couldn't find those presents, would it be o.k. with them if you left a few surprises? Well, yes! Yes, it would be! Thanks for bailing me out, Santa. You rock.

Love,
Reed and Miles' mom

No comments: